Jonah, Jesus And Me
1. Jonah’s Call a. God has called Jonah to GO to a wicked city. Jonah 1:1 b. God called His Son Jesus to Go to a lost humanity. John 1 c. God through Jesus has called us to Go to the nations. Matthew 28:18-20
2. Jonah runs a. Like Jonah we all have run from God. 1. There is no running from God – Psalm 139:7-10
3. Jonah’s Disobedience a. God pursues Jonah. Jonah 1:4 b. God through Jesus pursues humanity. Romans 5:8 c. We are called to pursue the lost. Acts 1:8
4. Jonah’s tossed overboard a. The pagan sailors fear God more at this point than Jonah does. b. The pagan sailors act more like Christians than Jonah. c. The pagan sailors repent through sacrifice and vows.
5. Jonahs whale a. Despite Jonah’s disobedience God pursues him throughout the story. b. The story of Jonah points to the Doctrine of the resurrection of Jesus. c. Jonah was in the Fish for three days; Jesus was in the earth for three days. d. As Jonah was delivered from the fish, Jesus was delivered from the grave conquering sin and death.