Matthew 22:37-40 (GREAT COMMANDMENT)
37Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Consider the “most important” command that Jesus links to all of God’s law.
– Why, do you think it is the most important command?
– Why is it a command?
– Why do you think that the second command is like it?
- For Ideas SEE = Genesis 1:26-28
- = James 3:9-10
– Reflect on the verse and how it matches up to your life. Dig deeper into what makes motivates you to love God and others.
- Check out. Ephesians 5:1-2, 1st John 4:7-10, 20-21
Spend time praying to God, ask Him for guidance and for help to love others more completely.
Practice living this life of love toward other people.
Matthew 28:18-20 (GREAT COMMISSION)
18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Think about 2 Timothy 3:16,…
– Examine why we follow the Great commission, and get to know this part of God’s heart.
– Appreciate these words for what they are: words from His mouth!
– Think about what these words might look like “alive” in your life.
- Other scriptures to look at:
- Matthew 5:13-16
- Acts 1:8
- Philippians 1:27-30
- 1 Peter 3:13-18
- 2 Peter 3:9
Listen to God speaks to your heart about His words here. Allow Him to transform you and lead you toward more of His best. If he brings specific people to mind that He’s wanting you to speak to about Him. If you are lacking in this command…ask for forgiveness.
Then focus on His promise: “I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
When we focus on God’s commands no matter how difficult or scary, we grab onto real life!