Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1
There are many people in leadership positions, yet few are leaders to imitate. Paul is writing to the Philippian church, giving instruction that few leaders can. Paul simply says, follow me as I follow the leader, Jesus.
Here are some observations of Paul’s leadership:
1. Paul had an encounter with Jesus that changed him forever.
2. Paul obeyed Jesus’ call to preach the Gospel.
3. Paul discipled others.
4. Paul went to the ends of the earth with the Gospel.
5. Paul inspired(s) others to continue.
Ideas for leaders today:
1. You cannot expect to lead anyone to Christ, without having experienced His forgiveness.
2. If the Great Commission is not important to you, you will not be able to lead anyone to follow it.
3. Leaders lead others. (discipleship)
4. Leaders lead by example, Share Your Faith.
5. Leaders communicate hope by living out their faith.
How will you lead today?