No matter your station in life, at one time or another you have probably felt small or insignificant. Whether you are new to leadership or a seasoned veteran, the time will come when you feel less than adequate for the job/task.
In the moments of feeling to small or lacking the wisdom to lead appropriately, look to the ant, badger, locust and lizard for inspiration…
Four things on earth are small, but they are exceedingly wise: the ants are a people not strong, yet they provide their food in the summer; the rock badgers are a people not mighty, yet they make their homes in the cliffs; the locusts have no king, yet all of them march in rank; the lizard you can take in your hands, yet it is in kings’ palaces. Proverbs 30:24-28
1. The Ant, prepares.
2. The Badger, builds refuge.
3. The Locusts, collaborate.
4. The Lizard, is humble & near to kings.
The lessons learned from these small animals can be developed through four questions.
1. Am I preparing my team for the future?
2. Am I providing a safe environment for my staff?
3. Am I encouraging teamwork?
4. Am I offering a place where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and given credit when it is deserved?