There are times when Hank is alone. Hank is ok with being alone. Be like Hank.
Ever been alone? Ever been so alone that you could here your own breath?
Being alone is healthy. Feeling so alone that you begin to hurt yourself is not healthy. (Not eating, not maintaining healthy relationships, isolating oneself, oversleeping, avoiding help)
Look out for one another! If you see someone struggling seek out help.
Here are some simple ways to get started:
1. Set a time to get away from distraction. (Email, cell phone, people, Netflix etc.)
2. Jot your thoughts down. (Write down the things that are bouncing around in your head)
3. Let others know that you have this time set aside. (Accountability)
There are many names for this alone time but for me it’s called a quiet time. This is a time that I set aside to reflect on all the God has done for me. It’s also a time to just be still in His presence, to remember that I cannot do life on my own.
I am reminded of this when the prophet Isaiah wrote the following to the people of Israel: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
Alone time can lead to growth. Do not be afraid to be alone.
How does being alone cause us to grow?
1. Being alone allows us to gather thoughts, emotions, and has a calming affect.
2. Being alone helps us to remember to slow down. Life shouldn’t be at a breakneck pace.
3. Being alone makes us appreciate others more. We need each other.
Love God. Love People.